Friday, May 20, 2011

Pocket full of sunshine: it's called happiness

You know how they say, "it's always the last place you look"?  Well, why in the world would you keep looking if you already found what you were looking for? 

It all came around a couple of weekends ago (referenced in Mac's blog as well: http://rentasticvoyage.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/herstory/) when we had actually planned a slumber party.  No lie, I hadn't done one of these since I was like in the 5th grade and I was uberly excited.  No bars, no boys, no makeup...just us in our most pure form.  And of course, what kind of slumber party would it be without a case of wine and some cheese?  One by one the ladies pile into Mac's house all carrying in a party favor in hand.  As I pop bottles open and pour them into each glass, each of us share our own story with each other.  I am actually surprised at how similar we are because we are so different.  Not one tear was shed...also a surprise.  By the time 4am rolls around, we are dead tired and sleep exactly where we were (well most of us anyway).  I was lucky enough to wake up to, not one...but TWO beautiful women and a chopsilog.  Three of us laid around watching BOOM BOOM KAT and LAMAR AND KHLOE till 3pm....*heavy sigh*

Now the next weekend rolls around and this year I was invited to come to Kickin' It Kickball 2011.  First let me start by saying, fucken #winning!  BUT it was on a Saturday morning and Boobs wanted me to be at her house by 7am.  Yeah, that was not gonna happen so I spend the night (Friday).  Conveniently enough, Light also lives there so "how I met your mother" was on the agenda for us three for the night. And just to be true to form, accompanied by 2 bottles of wine and some cheese.  The next day is a blur...no seriously, I was seeing blurry ALL day.  Drunk by 9:30am?  Yes, that is kickin kickball...didn't I say #winning?  The Wolf Pack + is finally all together and all equally (as Hair would say), schwasted.  I am not sure how we lasted till 5:30pm...that's a whole work day of drinking.  So we pile into the cars and head back to Boobs house and instead of driving Lovely home like I said I would...we all pass out in the cave.  Later to wake up, eat, how I met your mother and back to sleep.  Waking up to a room full of beautiful women two weekends in a row?  That's right..I win!

The topper was this past Tuesday.  If anyone reading this follows any of us on twitter, you would know what type of night we had.  Dinner for 7 ladies  at Toyose with bottle service...yup 10 bottles, count 'em.  Lovely mentioned karaoke and I was gungho on that shit...c'mon, I AM Filipina.  So after a long and drawn out lesson on how to read Korean...we went ape shit.  TLC, Boyz 2 men, Destiny's Child and our favorite...Justin Bieber. Which all lead us back to the pub for some shots and beers then Senories pizza to follow...yes, all that on a Tuesday. 

It had me wake up realizing...I don't have to find my happiness cos I have had it all along.  Yes, often times you will find us in a bar in a short skirt, heels, make up and a drink (or two) in hand ready to meet the next Mr.....well with our luck....Mr. Right...now.  But what is even better, is that we are able to spend night's in the house with sweats and a tshirt, no make up but still with a drink (or two) in hand...and who gives two shits about Mr. Right or Right Now, cos right now...I got all my Mrs. Rights

My girls are my very own pocket full of sunshine

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this. I'm so glad we crossed paths. I could only imagine what my life would be like if we met sooner.. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Dark. There is more to come. Love you more as each year passes. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it too! you guys are fuckin it.

    ReplyDelete