Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Serendipy a' Firenze

ser·en·dip·i·ty [ser-uhn-dip-i-tee]In the simplest of words, it means a "happy accident".

Things always happen for a reason...or rather, things happen just because they are suppose to.  Even if you take a detour, life leads you right back to where you are supposed to be...

So after a drunk filled night of stumbling around...I woke up and had no clue where I was the night before.  I had asked my roommate and my classmate...no clue...Lion's Den...or something?  Lyon with a "y"...google maps had NO idea.  And all I know, is that it was a green pub with a kebab place next door....great.  I had recapped my night with my other two roomies that didnt come out the night before.  Telling them that I had a date in 1 hour and I had no clue to where I was supposed to be.  BUT, I was going to give it a try anyway.

On the way over, I saw another classmate that I was with the night before.  I asked her if she remembered where we went...she didn't.  But she tried helping me anyway....we were close, we knew that for sure.  After a little bit, she left me to go on about her business while I tried to continue my search.  I asked a couple of people and they lead me to a bar called, "Lion's Fountain".  While the area looked familiar, that was NOT the bar I went to the night before...that much I knew. Or thought I knew.

So in defeat, I walk home.  I enter saying one simple thing, "fail.com".  My ride or die tells me that one of our other roommates has a story to tell me and that I should take a seat.  Ok, thats weird...but I take a seat anyway.  Vero had gotten her hair done the other day and they double charged her...so she went to take a walk to go sort it out.  What does this have to do with anything, you ask?  Shit, I was thinking the SAME thing.  So here is how she told me her story..

"So I go to the salon so I can show them my bank statement to prove
that they had doubled charged me.  I always walk to the same way...it's just
past the Duomo.  I know a little short cut that I can take to get there.  It's near
this cute little piazza. (she goes on to describe the piazza)  I'm walking in the little
 alley way and I look up and see a pub called "Lion's Den" (Yup, that's right. 
She FOUND the bar I was busily looking for at that exact moment) and I just thought to myself, 'I just bet that this is the bar that Nikko is looking for.' 
So I walk in and find a tall guy asking the bartender, 'hai visto una ragazza ...'
(have you seen a girl..) and goes on to describe you.  I walk right up to him and ask
him his name.  He looks at me weird and tells me his name.  I ask him if he is
waiting on a girl...he says,'Yes, Nikko.'  I explain to him that I am your roommate
and told him that you were looking for the place as we spoke but that you had no
idea where it was.  We exchange numbers, just in case...and he tells me, 'I'll wait a
 little longer just in case she can find the place'"

Can you believe that shit?  I couldn't.  She pulls out the little piece of paper that he scribbled his number on and hands me her phone.  ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?  I just spent....maybe 45 mins trying to find this place and here he falls so neatly in my lap.  I couldn't believe how much effort I had put into finding this place and this person...
I. HAVE. NEVER.


Was it worth it?  I'm not sure yet...but I will definitely let you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment